• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You reap what you sow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ignorance is not bliss

yes

Comment

How?

Comment

"So is it possible for a Jew (or indeed anyone) who lived before the birth of Christ to achieve eternal life? "

Wasn't that the difference between the Pharisees and the Saducees?

Comment

Wasn't that the difference between the Pharisees and the Saducees?
          No idea. Just wondered if in Christian belief it is possible for a non-Christian to achieve eternal life.

If it isn't, I wonder why God decided to condemn all those good people who were around before Jesus or who have never heard of Jesus to eternal damnation? Doesn't sound to me like a God who loves all of his creations.

If it is, what are the Christians banging on about, as it's then down to a matter of being a good person rather than adhering to some sort of belief system?

Comment

As I said Lucifer you will do well to educate yourself on these issues by picking up a Bible. You like many here are very ill-informed about the Biblical message. And for your info all the earliest Christians were Jews, off course, including Christ himself.

Comment

zeitghost: the main difference was the Pharisees believed in an eternal soul, the Saducees did not.

Comment

You like many here are very ill-informed about the Biblical message
                But I'm asking you to inform me. In Christian belief is it possible for a non-Christian to achieve eternal life?

Just saying "go and read the Bible" is somewhat of a cop out, wouldn't you say?

Comment

But I'm asking you to inform me. In Christian belief is it possible for a non-Christian to achieve eternal life?
                  John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                  Common translation: Only way in is accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord and then live for Him or you are screwed

So no, non christians or people who never heard of him, regardless of how they comport themselves in life, "go to hell", with some sects they even beleive if a newborn dies before being baptised he does not go to heaven either.

Lovely no?

Comment

Sabbath

This is Saturday night FFS. Didn't you lot have anything better to do than have the same old arguments about christians?

Comment

Nasty

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                      Common translation: Only way in is accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord and then live for Him or you are screwed. So no, non christians or people who never heard of him, regardless of how they comport themselves in life, "go to hell"
                      I'm getting distinctly mixed messages about the Christian God here. On the one hand, He is supposed to love all of His creations, on the other those who stayed "on message" (in New Labour speak) throughout their lives, but simply had not heard of Jesus, are condemned to an eternity of torment. That's coming pretty close to saying that what you say is more important than what you do, which can't be right.

This sounds to me as though "the church" (in many of its forms) is acting as some sort of barrier between the individual and God, misrepresenting His message for some purpose of their own. I'm not convinced that Jesus would approve of how the Christian church has turned out.

Comment

Working...
                      X