• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment Agents/Agencies why are they so useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQLSwerver View Post
    Most, not some. And the guy's a noob - it's news to him.
    He's been working as a freelance for 10 years. What makes you think he's a "noob"?
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 24 October 2014, 21:42. Reason: bloody autocorect
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well in the battlefield you have to dehumanise the enemy, so just do that with agents. Then selectively rehumanise the ones that are OK.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Well in the battlefield you have to dehumanise the enemy, so just do that with agents. Then selectively rehumanise the ones that are OK.
        Wise, albeit creepy.

Comment

Agents are commission based salesmen.

The client is the buyer.

You are the commodity product.

And that's business. If you don't like it. Get a permie job.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Somme can be a pain, but I wouldn't Ypres them all in together. That would be going over the top.

Somme are bad and somme are I Magin no worse 2

Comment

Personally speaking far too much of my contracting life has resembled 1917.

Comment

Thanks for this quota

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                I have began that analysis in the last 2 years and I am determined not to work with those who are not worth working with - Dehumanised them , "Unless if I am so desperate for work I might actually use them and work with them but that doesn't mean I will re-humanising them" , I am gladly saying that I have been doing my Re-Humanising Agent and the companies.

What they say What goes around come around. when I work for a company and be friend with people and tell them the ones who are bad apple not to bother working with them.

Comment

Perhaps

Originally posted by Midland White View Post
                  Your choice of analogy is fighting in WW1 - perhaps agents don't take you seriously.
                  As you have quoted, "perhaps they don't take me seriously" do you think they do take anyone seriously, also would you actually say they do take you seriously.? If they do what do you do for them, and let us all know? besides I have my own list which agents are good and which are worst to work with. I have began that analysis in the last 2 years and I am determined not to work with those who are not worth working with "Unless if I am so desperate for work I might actually use them and work with them but this means I need to be so desperate" .

What they say What goes around come around. when I work for a company and be friend with people and tell them the ones who are bad apple not to bother working with them and most are taking credit for this type of info. Perhaps I told you too, never know who we are talking with in this small world...

Comment

As requested by YOU

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Could you write that again in English?

Here is my moaning about Recruitment Agents/Agencies.

Why do you think they are useless?

I believe I and many of my contractor colleagues must/could find dealing with the recruitment agent is kind a fighting in the battle field of WW1 when soldiers didn’t even know what was the purpose of this WAR. I am not sure but there must be people out there hate dealing with them every time their contract comes to an end or when no extension offered.

This is because we will have no choice but to start talking to those idiots who says your Job Title is Designer not an Architect or you have done consultancy but title I am looking SME.

I am not singling out Recruitment Agencies only the small ones many of us experienced this with mainstream recruitment agencies, and they are as BAD as each other in the recruitment business.

However they know this and they know we need them to find our next contract. What does this gives them a right to treat people who are need a work but be so UN-HELPFUL and DIFFICULT people to deal with???

I hope this explains to you a little better than before even though as pathetic as you are I wouldn’t be surprise you will find few more grammatical errors, rather than looking at the point I am trying to make LOL. :

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      He's been working as a freelance for 10 years. What makes you think he's a "noob"?
                      The fact that he feels so strongly about pimp incompetence/dishonesty that he made two separate threads about it in his first three posts.

Working "Freelance" for 10 years? Nahhhh. Maybe on eBay or whatever, maybe. Honestly, after a decade in this business, who the \\ck still rails against pimps?

I suspect, given his writing style and sense of affront, he's some East Euro who went to school and/or college during that first post-Communist decade, did a further decade in IT, now he's made his way to the UK and expected the agents here to be as tightly regulated as they are back in Mother Russia/Poland or wherever.

Comment

Working...
                      X