• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Climate change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Himalayan glaciers will be gone by 2035. (just about when I get out of jail)
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Can anyone provide me with an update on this? Back in April the GWPF announced their International Temperature Data Review - an enquiry into the various global temperature series, with a call for submissions, a cutoff date end of July and a promise that 'After review by the panel, all submissions will be published and can be examined and commented upon by anyone who is interested.' This was heralded as the latest nail in the AGW coffin and there was the usual noise about 'fiddled data'.

Nearly three months after the deadline elapsed the list of submissions can be viewed in its entirety here.

Nada. Just a v. short progress report on 22 July.

Very odd. I wonder what they are hiding ?
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Over a year now .... remember the exuberant promotion by Booker in the Telegraph? The deadline for submissions was July 30th - all submissions were to be published, they said. An 'international team of five distinguished scientists' was to 'carry out a full inquiry', we were told.

One year on .... nada. Well, 8 months ago they modified the output from a report to peer-reviewed papers, but nothing has emerged since then.

Clearly they have found nothing wrong with the data that would pass peer review. Despite all the sound and fury.

Meanwhile

Last edited by pjclarke; 2 May 2016, 20:08. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ooh! It looks like a gert hockey stick...

And how do we know those were the actual temperatures going way back when?

I mean, it's not like there was anyone around to measure them.

Just wondering. I genuinely don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Only Way Is Keynsham View Post
              Ooh! It looks like a gert hockey stick...

And how do we know those were the actual temperatures going way back when?

I mean, it's not like there was anyone around to measure them.

Just wondering. I genuinely don't have a clue.
              Ohhhhh Martin, you are a one, again
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I read a report somewhere on the Web that one of the key sea level measuring stations has registered zero increase in sea level since 1993.

However we have been reducing or trying to reduce our consumption since then especially cfc's which were causing the hole in the ozone layer.......

Comment

So if we reforest to much and reduce the amount of co2 could we just trigger a new ice age

Comment

I'm combating this rising man made heat with colder man made beer.

Comment

I read a report somewhere on the Web that one of the key sea level measuring stations has registered zero increase in sea level since 1993.
                      I read a report somewhere, well on the University of Colorado website actually, that uses all the measurements from satellite altimeters to estimate the global trend ...

Comment

Working...
                      X