• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bomb scare in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the days when Paddy used to plant real bombs at St Mary Axe
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I remember the days when Paddy used to plant real bombs at St Mary Axe
      Wasn't me.

I do remember one scare and being stuck in the basement of the aviva building ( is it still called that ) for several hours until we got the all clear, another time was being made to stand in the starwell in one of the buildings near canary wharf, again for hours.

Though when it was the real deal you could hear the blast from canary wharf in mile end, the scary thing was some mates had just gone home on the DLR around the same time.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
      X