• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Houses in Kent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ramadamisation of tescos

tescos have started selling ramadan countdown calendars and other tat, bit that made me laugh was the sign saying it couldnt be sold until they had the go ahead from the top mullah at tescos

Comment

I was pondering investing in Calabria or Puglia in Southern Italy. Does anyone
      know much about the potential of these areas?

Its either that or Cape Verde, Croatia looks great but I don't trust these Central European types. They'll nick the trailer off your Goldwing in no time.

Or should I stick to the jewel of the English Channel, the Isle of Sheppey, just off the Kent coast.
      www.sheppeyscum.com

Comment

Welcomes it's newest residents, Francko & family

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Kent it is then !

The garden of England welcomes Francko and his equity release with open arms.

Milan.
          Guardian of England, bastardised over the years to Garden

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
            I was pondering investing in Calabria or Puglia in Southern Italy. Does anyone
            know much about the potential of these areas?
            Lovely areas but not sure how much the return can be if not for a great place to live the retirement. However, I would think that buying in a countryside near the major cities would be a good investment. For italians is not very common to live 1-2 hours by train away from a big town. Therefore the price in the more rural areas is still quite cheap (the opposite as in England). The higher prices in the cities are now forcing people to move out and the prices goes up as a consequence. Besides, you can also enjoy being close to a major town in an hour drive.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Lovely areas but not sure how much the return can be if not for a great place to live the retirement. However, I would think that buying in a countryside near the major cities would be a good investment. For italians is not very common to live 1-2 hours by train away from a big town. Therefore the price in the more rural areas is still quite cheap (the opposite as in England). The higher prices in the cities are now forcing people to move out and the prices goes up as a consequence. Besides, you can also enjoy being close to a major town in an hour drive.
              Yes beautiful areas like that will always have the demand, even if not the steep rises of, say, Central London. If you can pay cash for a place all you have to think about is how you can survive in a reasonable manner. Writing for a living may become my plan B as you can live wherever you want then.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Yes beautiful areas like that will always have the demand, even if not the steep rises of, say, Central London. If you can pay cash for a place all you have to think about is how you can survive in a reasonable manner. Writing for a living may become my plan B as you can live wherever you want then.
                What's going to be your first book? "Next"?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What's going to be your first book? "Next"?
                  Yes. Next ....
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

But thinking of all the trains that they are trying to build for the olympics 2012 in Kent going to Stratford or Central London, wouldn't Kent be a good area to invest now?
                    If you think those rail-links will be finished on time, then possibly. I wouldn't be my house on it. Your bambino will be half-way through its mid-life crisis if past rail investment schemes are anything to go by.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts
                      tescos have started selling ramadan countdown calendars and other tat, bit that made me laugh was the sign saying it couldnt be sold until they had the go ahead from the top mullah at tescos
                      Wasn't Tescos originally a Jewish company? Three Cohen brothers or something?
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X