• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth getting a car on hire purchase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

you know me too well!

We definitely need a bigger car and so far still looking at the Toyota Verso. Just thinking how much to spend and what spec to get.... Also when is best to buy. The dilema I have is that the current Toyota has cost a single brake pad change in over 4 years of stress-free driving. I know I need to get a bigger car soon and it makes most sense now whilst kids are young. If I could get a deal that cost me £100 a month and got me what I wanted then that would be most ideal.....
    Jesus! A toyota is bad enough (bland, boring and driven by hat wearing old farts smoking a pipe. Yes I know about the gt86 or whatever its called) but a verso!

How old are you?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Toyota recalls 1.75 million cars over brake issue

Japanese cars, not so reliable as so called 'warranty companies' would have believe. Who'd have thought it, eh?

BBC News - Toyota recalls 1.75 million cars over brake issue

apanese carmaker Toyota is recalling 1.75 million vehicles worldwide because of a faulty brake installation.

The recall includes nearly 94,000 vehicles in China.

The latest brake defect is found in some models of Toyota's Crown Majesta as well as the Noah and Voxy models produced between June 2007 and 2012.

Toyota said in a statement to the BBC it was not aware of any crashes, injuries or fatalities caused by this defect.

Last month, Toyota recalled 690,000 Tacoma pickup trucks in the US because of a potential vulnerability in the vehicles' suspension systems.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Japanese cars, not so reliable as so called 'warranty companies' would have believe. Who'd have thought it, eh?

You have such a ridiculously clear bias towards everything that is German. Why don't you marry a BMW or a VW?

I am on my 2nd VW and 2nd Japanese car. I have no biased based on their nationality. Jap cars are low running cost and low maintenance, they just continue running without headache. German cars are higher performance and more sophisticated technology. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. German cars cost a bomb to maintain. I am taking my VW into it's second service this year and it will be costing me £700... My Toyota has not cost me half that in 4 years. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Jesus! A toyota is bad enough (bland, boring and driven by hat wearing old farts smoking a pipe. Yes I know about the gt86 or whatever its called) but a verso!

How old are you?
          Don't blame me, it's the NLUK "be a sensible contractor" effect on me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            You have such a ridiculously clear bias towards everything that is German. Why don't you marry a BMW or a VW?

I am on my 2nd VW and 2nd Japanese car. I have no biased based on their nationality. Jap cars are low running cost and low maintenance, they just continue running without headache. German cars are higher performance and more sophisticated technology. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. German cars cost a bomb to maintain. I am taking my VW into it's second service this year and it will be costing me £700... My Toyota has not cost me half that in 4 years. Go figure.
            German cars are 'basic', unless u spend 80k on one...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

BMW recalls over 76k 2012-2014 models over brake failure - Autoblog

Mercedes-Benz recalls new C-Class over steering fault | Motoring News | Honest John

VW Recalling 1 Million Cars World-Wide - WSJ

Comment

Takata airbag recall expands to 7.8m US cars

7.8 million!!

BBC News - Takata airbag recall expands to 7.8m US cars

Don't worry my warranty company will remove the shrapnel from my face. Or best avoid buying Japanese cars in the first place.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Least the German and Japanese manufacturers recall their cars unlike the American manufacturers who ignore their defects until they appear on Watchdog or some other consumer program.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well, my XF S is soon to be swapped.....for a spangly new CLS (have to wait until they build it, mind, which is looking like end of January)
                    Gotta spend the pennies on something....
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      German cars are 'basic', unless u spend 80k on one...
                      Utter rubbish.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X