• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond stands down as Westminster reneges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the obfuscation and outright lying by both sides before the vote, it was always going to end in tears and recriminations whichever way it went - whichever the losing side was, they would have felt hard done by and mislead.

Can't trust any politician no matter what side of the fence they're on. FFS you're contractors, pollies are cut from the same cloth as recruitment, car sales, and estate agents. It's the sods who trusted them (on both sides) that don't interact with those types of sleaseballs on a regular basis that I feel sorry for.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      With all the obfuscation and outright lying by both sides before the vote, it was always going to end in tears and recriminations whichever way it went - whichever the losing side was, they would have felt hard done by and mislead.

Can't trust any politician no matter what side of the fence they're on. FFS you're contractors, pollies are cut from the same cloth as recruitment, car sales, and estate agents. It's the sods who trusted them (on both sides) that don't interact with those types of sleaseballs on a regular basis that I feel sorry for.
      “We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The fact that the SNP can turn around and say "look, we told you so!" if he does renege does put pressure on him and his buddies not to do so, though. I suspect they will delay it, however, especially since he's now promised it to the rest of the country too.

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        FFS you're contractors, pollies are cut from the same cloth as recruitment, car sales, and estate agents.
        I think even they have a bit more basic decency and humanity left in them, than your average politician. Even the worst of them. Even the Bernie Madoffs of this world.

Comment

Cameron willingly chucks a few Billions in bribes to the Scots.

Refuses to pay ISIS for British hostage.

We don't pay ransoms!

Funny old world.

Comment

Working...
          X