• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article here, presented as Cameron's resignation letter if the YES vote wins.

But despite the apparent anguish and sudden campaigning urgency of the leaders of the main parties, I think they may be secretly in favour of a YES vote, and may have deliberately mishandled the referendum with that aim, to make it more untenable (they would then argue) for the remainder of the UK to leave the EU.

Setting a sprat to catch a mackerel you might say.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I would love to have a punt on 'Yes' but having lost a bundle betting on England , Italy and Spain during the world cup, I'll have to pass.

Comment

I have come around to the conclusion that the Yes team will win it , by less than 1%
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So open an account with William Hill and bet £10 - and they give you 2x£10 bets free.

Win/win.

Edit: Ah, first bet has to be 5/1 or better to qualify...

Right - need to find something to bet on then use my free bets for the referendum.

Comment

Hmm, so found some stoopid footie match to bet on. Haven't been given my free bets.

Comment

Their online lady has added my free bets.

(She says I didn't enter the code. I know I did enter the code!)

Comment

OK, so a tenner on a stoopid footie game and my free £20 on the yes vote.

Tells me I can 'cash in' on the footie bet and get £9.50 back now. Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  OK, so a tenner on a stoopid footie game and my free £20 on the yes vote.

Tells me I can 'cash in' on the footie bet and get £9.50 back now. Hmmmm.
                  you are hooked now.

they got you.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    you are hooked now.

they got you.
                    I bet on Everton to lose. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post