• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Can't be arsed with stuff you have to watch with subtitles unless the original language is Swedish or Danish.

There was a wonderful, wonderful french supernatural series called The Returned last summer which had me thoroughly gripped. That had subtitles.

N.B spoiler below
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \/
    It was a strange ending though, with all the "zombies" going back to the the deep of the reservoir and it led to me assuming there would be another season.
    Last I heard of it was that there was to be an American remake. Same story minus all the subtlety, presumably. Though, to be fair to our American cousins, they are much, much better at subtlety these days. Indeed, all the quality drama seems to be coming from that side of the pond and all the dross full of PC tokenism etc seems to be coming from here. Which, in my case, has led to a degree of prejudice on my part in that I just don't bother with any UK TV drama anymore. And I'm sure I've missed out - the new Sherlock Holmes stuff with Benedict Cumbernauld was meant to have been brilliant but I don't know because I looked at the listings and thought Meh!
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 15 September 2014, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
      The Wire is probably my favorite TV series of all time. Some of the characters are fantastic and the way its shot / delivered focusing on each characters story is well done.

Proposition Joe, Barksdale, McNulty, Keema, Marlo....The great characters are endless and a pleasure to watch.

TV at its finest
      Ahem, you're forgetting someone

Also, don't forget Omar!

Comment

Have you seen those R-Kelly hilarious (hip opera) trapped in the closet (they were apparently serious), where Omar is a gay policeman with a midget? I kid you not!!

Puts him in a completely different light

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CE98856B07CD52

EDIT: Just had to double check, I don't think he's gay after all but a midget is shagging his wife and hides in the kitchen cupboard
        Last edited by Fandango; 15 September 2014, 10:47.

Comment

The Wire is probably my favorite TV series of all time. Some of the characters are fantastic and the way its shot / delivered focusing on each characters story is well done.

Proposition Joe, Barksdale, McNulty, Keema, Marlo....The great characters are endless and a pleasure to watch.

TV at its finest
          +1 Bunk!

Comment

TV at its finest
            Stringer Bell, Idris Elba FTW
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Watched one episode.

Got rid of the rest of them.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Ahem, you're forgetting someone

Also, don't forget Omar!
                Indeed.

Sad times when Omar met his demise

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Indeed.
                  Spoiler! For people who haven't watched it yet. It comes as a bit of a surprise so don't spoil it for them!

Comment

Indeed.

Sad times when Omar met his demise

Nice one

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X