• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independence scare stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    He has tried to say that now but If you read the article there is no indication that he was joking.
    The indication that he was joking is that there would be no earthly reason to believe that iScotland would choose or be required to switch to driving on the right.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The indication that he was joking is that there would be no earthly reason to believe that iScotland would choose or be required to switch to driving on the right.

HTH
      It's like how drivers have to switch over when they drive from Eire to Northern Ireland or vice versa.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Name the company, this is another bulltulip scare story, Aberdeen Asset who manage 1 trillion back a Yes vote.

Can you name the company? How much do they manage?
        The chief executive of Aberdeen Asset said that Scotland will be a success if there is a yes or a no vote. The company has no position and he personally never committed to either side. To claim that Aberdeen Asset back independence is some amount of tulipe.

A lot of companies are planning to relocate all or part of their business south, there is no denying that, they are doing it in private because they don't want to be seen to be taking part in the debate with the assorted fruitcakes that make up yes planning boycotts of these companies.

Comment

Too much scaremongering from the no campaign.
          Many very successful countries of similar size (population wise) in Europe with their own currency (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland to name a few).
          If I were Scottish I would vote yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Many very successful countries of similar size (population wise) in Europe with their own currency (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland to name a few).
            Certainly, but a separate currency isn't the ticket on which the Yes campaign are running.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              You've got the wrong end of the stick. I agree with you that they can manage their own currency, but this one isn't No scaremongering. It is the Yes campaign that is saying it will keep sterling one way or another - presumably to make a play for the wavering DevoMax supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Certainly, but a separate currency isn't the ticket on which the Yes campaign are running.
                Yes and that is the big mistake from the yes campaign, they should have made it clear from the start they would introduce their own currency and maybe peg it within a certain bandwidth against the pound. Just like the Irish punt was or the Dutch guilder (and some more currencies) against the D-Mark

Comment

Working...
                X