• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independence scare stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I know a small Scottish financial company that has agreed to open an office in England on the back of requests from scots wanting to move control of their financial affairs south.

People with large sums of money don't want to leave it here if there is a yes vote. The public are driving much of this themselves. It is lunacy to discount capital flight as it is happening now.
    Name them? Or is this just another Quisling scare story?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I know a small Scottish financial company that has agreed to open an office in England on the back of requests from scots wanting to move control of their financial affairs south.

People with large sums of money don't want to leave it here if there is a yes vote. The public are driving much of this themselves. It is lunacy to discount capital flight as it is happening now.
      Name the company, this is another bulltulip scare story, Aberdeen Asset who manage 1 trillion back a Yes vote.

Can you name the company? How much do they manage?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        The only finance company minestone knows is the loanshark who he owes £10 to for his last carry out of super tennents.

Comment

Labour's Andy Burnham in Holyrood magazine

“I would feel really genuinely sad if Scotland votes for independence, not just for our own self-interest and in the extra difficulty we would face getting a Labour government in England but I also don’t want to drive up the M6 and get my passport out or have to drive on the right when I want to drive on the left…”

Comment

Labour's Andy Burnham in Holyrood magazine

“I would feel really genuinely sad if Scotland votes for independence, not just for our own self-interest and in the extra difficulty we would face getting a Labour government in England but I also don’t want to drive up the M6 and get my passport out or have to drive on the right when I want to drive on the left…”
            I believe he was joking.

Comment

"Calling people Quisling" is just another example of nationalist bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                I believe he was joking.

Comment

Waitrose and John Lewis prices will be more in Scotland vs UK.

Scotland will make it illegal for deep fried mars bars, snickers to be sold in the UK and Iron Bru will no longer be orange in colour.
                  I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I believe he was joking.
                    He has tried to say that now but If you read the article there is no indication that he was joking.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X