• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rules of contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyw
    As we are contractors, do any of you conform like a permie ? i.e. start at a set time, finish at a set time (perhaps 9-5) have to beg graciously for a day off etc ? or do you just come and go as you wish,
    what sort of amateur post is this?

Comment

Comment

He's letting you down.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
          As we are contractors, do any of you conform like a permie ? i.e. start at a set time, finish at a set time (perhaps 9-5) have to beg graciously for a day off etc ? or do you just come and go as you wish,
          I come and go as I please, if I want a long lunch then I'll take one, if I want a lie in then I'll take one.....my contract says 37.5 hours, but I'm on a daily rate, I'm valued for what I do, I can make up the time for bank holidays, etc....is that part of being a contractor???
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by weemster
            On your way home now then
            Pah if i left now how would i get my 8 hours in????

Still it's not so bad in First Class, free drinks, nibbles and a paper and a snakbox on Virgin trains

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco

Still it's not so bad in First Class, free drinks, nibbles and a paper and a snakbox on Virgin trains

first class is ok on the EuroStar.....more so when you pay and the client then pays you the ticket price...
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco

Sounds good !!

Still I think I'd rather have my current gig which is five mins. walk

Comment

Yeah but you go where the money is

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Bagpuss who is a Permie rule: If you have worked at 1 site > 18 months you are a Permie and should be treated with mistrust
                    cr*p!

Why do we insist on swallowing the tripe that comes out of New Labour and the Treasury.

I person who is at the same site for 18months is

a) either so good the client does not want to lose there services and they get repeat business

b) On a long term contract

Either way they never become an employee unless and until a court says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                      cr*p!

Why do we insist on swallowing the tripe that comes out of New Labour and the Treasury.

I person who is at the same site for 18months is

a) either so good the client does not want to lose there services and they get repeat business

b) On a long term contract

Either way they never become an employee unless and until a court says otherwise.
                      I'm not talking about from an IR35 perspective, I am talking about mindset. Long term contractors act and think like permies.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X