• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've got a £500k property portfolio in Scotty land. I look forward to charging my tenants the same rate whilst the pound crashes. Perfect storm really.
    Wait until there's an asset grab on non-domiciled Scots.

This just gets better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Wait until there's an asset grab on non-domiciled Scots.

This just gets better and better.
      Would this also apply to a trust?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
        Wasn't it the SNP that brought down the then Labour government (by all 11 over their votes?) that then brought Thatcher into power?
        Hmm, that worked out well then.
        And once again for the thick.....Thursday's votes is not for SNP, it's for Scottish Independence.

Comment

Would this also apply to a trust?
          It would apply to whatever "Wee King Eck" decided it applied to. He makes things up as he goes along, hadn't you noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            It would apply to whatever "Wee King Eck" decided it applied to. He makes things up as he goes along, hadn't you noticed?
            You mean like Nick Clegg? We'll not vote for tuition fees.

Or George Osbourne, QE would be madness! This government shall not support such policy.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              it did down south!
              Yes, sorry. My point was that the SNP brought Thatcher into power, and that they are now feeding off the scottish (sic) antipathy toward the Tories (and/or Thatcher) in order to support their own agenda.

Shameful.
              Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It may be a massive risk, but it may also be a precondition for them joining the EU.
                So there is a risk of that just as there is a risk that they could be forced to join Schengen.

But unless Spain really drags its heels - and the EU can lean on them because of their poor financial position - I think both of these are unlikely, simply because there is already a model for countries to join the CTA or not to join the Euro. Nobody considered how a new country seceding from a member country would be treated, so I am sure pragmatism would win the day.

When it comes to stability, I think it is a different matter. Sterlingisation = no central bank, and I don;t think that would be compatible with membership. The same for reneging on national debt. And worryingly for the people of Scotland, these appear to be the Scottish government's position in the event on there being no CU.

The Scottish government's position does not stack up and shows that they are not to be trusted by the Scottish people, whatever the overall merits of independence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  And once again for the thick.....Thursday's votes is not for SNP, it's for Scottish Independence.
                  Driven by an SNP agenda.
                  Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

You mean like Nick Clegg? We'll not vote for tuition fees.

Or George Osbourne, QE would be madness! This government shall not support such policy.
                    No I don't. I am referring to your possible position when your piss-ant country gets what it deserves.

Has history taught you nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
                      Yes, sorry. My point was that the SNP brought Thatcher into power, and that they are now feeding off the scottish (sic) antipathy toward the Tories (and/or Thatcher) in order to support their own agenda.

Shameful.
                      The only people who voted against the government in the vote of no confidence were the SNP ? Really ?

As well as knoweing it all, you have the ability to re-write history.

If there's a yes vote, please don't move to England. We'll need people like you !
                      Last edited by TestMangler; 16 September 2014, 09:30.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X