• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what seems to be missing here from the "equivalence" collaborators is any attempt to understand the motives about the activities of various governments. The fact that we can criticise our leaders is a privilege that people have died for in the western world. Whatever geo politics the west engages in are to preserve the freedoms and status quo of the democracies they/we are leaders of. western leaders change all the time. this is because we the public have the power to change them.

Activities against other states - diplomatic or military are conducted according to the Western agenda (which includes freedom to spout rubbish and to collaborate with enemies) Intervention in the middle East is deemed necessary because the powers in those countries do not believe in our freedoms. the fact that not only do we have our freedoms but that we run prosperous democracies is a threat to these regimes. hence they wish to attack us.

in Putins Russia the anti state rhetoric of the cowards on this site would be quashed. Putin is a multi billionaire and he has total control over Russia. The agenda that the Russians are pursuing is entirely driven by the wants of one man.

The media in this country and the west is much freer than that anywhere else. just because it happens at times to support the governments activities it more often criticises them than exposes them . Revelations such as Putin beating his wife are unlikely to affect the tyrant. Were this to come out about Cameron or any other minister a resignation would soon be followed by prosecution.

For all you collaborators with your pathetic conspiracy theories you might like to consider who's side your on. One thing is for sure if Russia takes over europe "useful idiots" like you will not receive special treatment.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      For all you collaborators with your pathetic conspiracy theories you might like to consider who's side your on. One thing is for sure if Russia takes over europe "useful idiots" like you will not receive special treatment.
      I disagree there, history shows us that the "useful idiots" are usually at the top of the list for special treatment - which tends to be a lot more special than they bargained for

Comment

What are everyone's opinions about visiting one of the Baltic states? What if a member of this site had recently booked a week in, say, Riga, Latvia and had a planned visit to Estonia? Is he a fool, brave or is there nothing to worry about if he was to go Easter Sunday?
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          Is he a fool, brave or is there nothing to worry about if he was to go Easter Sunday?
          Sounds like a friend of yours is planning to visit one of these places soon!

What are everyone's opinions about visiting one of the Baltic states? What if a member of this site had recently booked a week in, say, Riga, Latvia and had a planned visit to Estonia?
          Good looking women, I have to say. Not an expensive part of the world ( My friend says so )

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Sounds like a friend of yours is planning to visit one of these places soon!
            No, not a friend, me and the family. Ryanair from LBA on my birthday. I just couldn't resist it. I think I should probably worry more about the Ryanair flights than being killed by Russian rebels.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
              I disagree there, history shows us that the "useful idiots" are usually at the top of the list for special treatment - which tends to be a lot more special than they bargained for

What goes around comes around List of French who collaborated with Nazis to be published online - Telegraph
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Whatever geo politics the west engages in are to preserve the freedoms and status quo of the democracies they/we are leaders of.

Activities against other states - diplomatic or military are conducted according to the Western agenda (which includes freedom to spout rubbish and to collaborate with enemies) Intervention in the middle East is deemed necessary because the powers in those countries do not believe in our freedoms. the fact that not only do we have our freedoms but that we run prosperous democracies is a threat to these regimes. hence they wish to attack us.
                This is proven to be untrue by many conspiracy 'facts'. If you believe this and that we are bombing the hell out of the Middle East 'to defend our freedom' and now squaring up against Russia for their opposition to this agenda then you are a 'useful idiot'.

This is about oil, strategic advantage and unipolar 'full spectrum dominance' of the West. It is sponsored by corporate interest which has control of the governments and military.

I'd be interested to know DA what your opinion is on the subject of Tony Blair being a war criminal. Do you believe that we invaded Iraq in 2003 for the good of Western freedom and that we were under immediate threat that needed to be preemptively neutralised?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What are everyone's opinions about visiting one of the Baltic states? What if a member of this site had recently booked a week in, say, Riga, Latvia and had a planned visit to Estonia? Is he a fool, brave or is there nothing to worry about if he was to go Easter Sunday?
                  I regularly go to Vilnius in Lithuania on business (going again in two weeks), there are no issues and ethnic Russians have equal rights. Latvia, on the other hand has refused to give passports to Russian speakers (contrary to EU directives) however, the Latvian government said on Monday that they have no issues with Russia.

Don't believe the propaganda from the BBC.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    This is proven to be untrue by many conspiracy 'facts'. If you believe this and that we are bombing the hell out of the Middle East 'to defend our freedom' and now squaring up against Russia for their opposition to this agenda then you are a 'useful idiot'.

This is about oil, strategic advantage and unipolar 'full spectrum dominance' of the West. It is sponsored by corporate interest which has control of the governments and military.

I'd be interested to know DA what your opinion is on the subject of Tony Blair being a war criminal. Do you believe that we invaded Iraq in 2003 for the good of Western freedom and that we were under immediate threat that needed to be preemptively neutralised?
                    I am quite sure that Oil had a big part to play in the gulf war but not just because the west wanted to get their hands on it. It was Oil that made Saddam Hussein wealthy enough to create a destabilising influence on the middle east (I am not sure that you have the intellect to weigh up multi layered politics- it seems to suit you to look at everything through the usual binary "lens" of a geek). What a lot of you seem to not be able to grasp is that there would have been outcomes had we NOT deposed Saddam hussein.

I loathe Blair and I accept that the Iraq invasion was conducted under false pretences but that does not mean that I necessarily think that invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do. As for the war criminal bit this is designed for the left to purge themselves of guilt and walk away from the responsibility of making their own decision about whether we should have left saddam Hussein alone. It is also an excuse to pacify russia, patronise Isis and excuse terrorism.

I am sure corporate interest has a part to play in all this but your claims are exaggerated conspiracies at best. And do not forget that people like you are quite happy to go and work at the banks, construction corporates and retailers and take your £500 a day.

Sitting back criticising the system and people/organisations at will may make you feel clever but it is this system and its institutions that make you one of the highest earning people on the planet.

Comment

I am quite sure that Oil had a big part to play in the gulf war but not just because the west wanted to get their hands on it. It was Oil that made Saddam Hussein wealthy enough to create a destabilising influence on the middle east (I am not sure that you have the intellect to weigh up multi layered politics- it seems to suit you to look at everything through the usual binary "lens" of a geek). What a lot of you seem to not be able to grasp is that there would have been outcomes had we NOT deposed Saddam hussein.

I loathe Blair and I accept that the Iraq invasion was conducted under false pretences but that does not mean that I necessarily think that invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do. As for the war criminal bit this is designed for the left to purge themselves of guilt and walk away from the responsibility of making their own decision about whether we should have left saddam Hussein alone. It is also an excuse to pacify russia, patronise Isis and excuse terrorism.

I am sure corporate interest has a part to play in all this but your claims are exaggerated conspiracies at best. And do not forget that people like you are quite happy to go and work at the banks, construction corporates and retailers and take your £500 a day.

Sitting back criticising the system and people/organisations at will may make you feel clever but it is this system and its institutions that make you one of the highest earning people on the planet.
                      My concern is you actually mean all that tulipe.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X