• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    So...

A years worth of beans...

How many trips is that to the cash and carry?
    Don't forget the can-opener!!!
    Millions of cans of beans, but no can-opener!
    TRAGEDY!
    (remember, a manual one, not a fancy-wancy electric one, 'cos here won't be electricity )

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
      Don't forget the can-opener!!!
      Millions of cans of beans, but no can-opener!
      TRAGEDY!
      (remember, a manual one, not a fancy-wancy electric one, 'cos here won't be electricity )
      evolution will be hard on you and your offspring. I take no pleasure in declaring you an evolutionary dead end
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        evolution will be hard on you and your offspring. I take no pleasure in declaring you an evolutionary dead end
        can I have my Darwin award now, then, please, whilst my remaining synapses can still appreciate the irony?
        Ta, muchly.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
          can I have my Darwin award now, then, please, whilst my remaining synapses can still appreciate the irony?
          Ta, muchly.
          no problem. I will eclose it in a bean tin. i doubt you will ever be able to figure out how to get it open
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            no problem. I will eclose it in a bean tin. i doubt you will ever be able to figure out how to get it open
            greatly appreciated.
            since i have already mentioned tin-openers in my previous posts, I would like, as an act of philanthropy, cash in my Darwin award for a test for Alzheimers for yourself.

Posting whilst drunk is immensely more enjoyable.
            suddenly, the entire sites contents makes sense. NB: I am sure there are some apostrophic errors in the last sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I wouldn't worry, these things are planned far in advance. This is not in any way related to what is happening in Ukraine.

Anyway, there's a lovely ceasefire in place, and they have agreed the process to end this.

So we're all good, right?

Well actually, not. Another cold front has opened. Russia has retaliated to the sanctions placed on Neft by reducing the flow of gas to Ukraine. Ukraine in turn then reduced the flow of gas to Poland. Poland in turn reduced their back flow of gas to Ukraine.

So it looks like a long cold winter for certain european countries, mainly in the east. It could be another humanitarian crisis as the weather can be a bit nippy in that part of the world.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'm surprised they can afford it with the pounding the Russian economy is taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'm surprised they can afford it with the pounding the Russian economy is taking.
                  Bollocks. Russia is in bed with China and they are even setting up their own SWIFT system.

If Russia was really in that much bother the oligarchs would have ousted Putin by now.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I wouldn't worry, these things are planned far in advance. This is not in any way related to what is happening in Ukraine.

Anyway, there's a lovely ceasefire in place, and they have agreed the process to end this.

So we're all good, right?

Well actually, not. Another cold front has opened. Russia has retaliated to the sanctions placed on Neft by reducing the flow of gas to Ukraine. Ukraine in turn then reduced the flow of gas to Poland. Poland in turn reduced their back flow of gas to Ukraine.

So it looks like a long cold winter for certain european countries, mainly in the east. It could be another humanitarian crisis as the weather can be a bit nippy in that part of the world.
                    Except that this reduction was due to technical works in preparation for winter. Why would they reduce the gas flow now when surely it would have had more effect in winter? They've done this numerous times before
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Bollocks. Russia is in bed with China and they are even setting up their own SWIFT system.

If Russia was really in that much bother the oligarchs would have ousted Putin by now.
                      So what our your forecasts for capital flight, GDP, inflation and value of the ruble?

Comment

Working...
                      X