• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stuck in a boring Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If you have a degree and IT skills you could look at doing foreign aid work, specifically in education; it might sound airy fairy, but remember that a lot of aid workers go on to senior positions at multinationals; they're attractive to business because they have contacts and cultural experience in developing markets. Worked well for my parents and for a guy I know who's run projects for Heineken in southern Africa.
    Yes good advice

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's so boring you had to mention it twice?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...oring-job.html
      oh right sorry ill get your permission the next time I wan't to post again ... nothing has changed ill re-read that thread to as there have been some new posts. I have tried certification but alot of the Microsoft Certification is boring as hell i think ill consider moving away from IT as I do need a change. Ive recently bought a new house so I can't just walk out but I could always rent it out.

Comment

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
        I'm dyslexic so ill try to brush up on them
        No such thing, just means you're thick.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Thanks I love you too

Comment

I do hope you're joking there.

There are quite a few people in this list that I'd say are really rather brainy.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 30 July 2014, 14:56.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I do hope you're joking there.

There are quite a few people in this list that I'd say are really rather brainy.
              It's General. Just thought I'd let one off......

Having said that my Bro got diagnosed as dyslexic because he gets 'as' and 'has' wrong. Got a free laptop out of it.

Comment

It's General. Just thought I'd let one off......
                Oh alright, as long as you open the window.

Comment

Wow, the Fonz had dyslexia. Does that make it cool? Where can I get some?

Henry Winkler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Hello

Just looking for some general advice really so Ive been in this perm role now for coming up to 2. years (feels like a life time).
                    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Comment

Hello

Just looking for some general advice really so Ive been in this perm role now for coming up to 2. years (feels like a life time).

I work in IT I'm supposed to be 2nd line but all the support calls that come through to me have had no troubleshooting done so I have to do all the basic troubleshooting which is tedious and boring.

I'm on quote good money for what im doing but i feel like im turning into a Zombie haha.
                      I don't feel even slightly challenged Im thinking I need a break from IT to be honest, Im not an uber geek and find alot of the really techy IT stuff boring.

Im mid 30's now and have been doing IT support/ helpdesk which since I left Uni have not progressed much at all really.

My current role sometimes I just surf the web all day my team leader is a nice guy but think he is a bit of that Asperger's syndrome going on.

Recently at my work they have brought another guy into the IT support team...it amazes me as there is not enough work for us as it is..and no they don't plan to get me go as far as im aware I did ask. Apparently they will get us more involved in project work but think I had better start looking to save my sanity.

Have you ever been stuck in a perm boring role im thinking i could try an evening course in plumbing or catering I could always come back to IT.
                      Have you tried popping out for a quick wank?
                      Have you thought about a he-man under the desk cam?
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X