• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK Heatwave monitor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meteo Schweiz reckoned it was 31°C during my cycle home through the suburbs of Zurich but I did go past one temperature display that read 35°C. I didn't die but I did get quite sweaty.

Comment

Manchester is lovely this evening,sunny and warm, but with a cool breeze and a delight after a week spent in Canary Wharf and having to suffer the tube in the rush hour yesterday.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Just dipped to a chilly 29 degrees here in the Royal Borough of Luton.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Got to 32 degrees this afternoon in mid Kent - now down to a muggy 29
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Manchester is lovely this evening,sunny and warm, but with a cool breeze and a delight after a week spent in Canary Wharf and having to suffer the tube in the rush hour yesterday.
            If only the weather was always that way.

Comment

Macunian update: low 20s, pleasant breeze. No thunderstorms appear imminent. A northern rail class 142 is idling at platform 1 of Victoria station ensuring the maximum amount of unnecessary heat is directed into the Auschwitz transport style passenger compartment. Ugh.

Comment

Biblical thunderstorms this evening ... now rain is just easing off
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

35 in cloggers, too hot to leave the house
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

35 here, latex thong has melted
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mid 20's in Manchester. Baking hot on the streets as there's no wind. Which only goes to emphasise the most surprising aspect of ClientCo's crappy 60's concrete tower block - the aircon is so highly effective I haven't once been tempted to bring in a desk fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X