• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apparently there is a public sector strike going on...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    oh **** off yourself
    I prosper by the sweat of my own brow, and the application of my own mind's effort. I don't use legal privilege to extort money from vulnerable people. I don't need to be told to **** off - if people don't like my behaviour then can just stop paying me.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      Plus most have a second job and retire very young on a good pension. That said, I don't think I'd fancy running into a burning building and I certainly wouldn't be bringing the matter up while they were dragging me out.
      SpontaneousOrder would refuse to be rescued , and demand a market driven fire service not reliant on money stolen by violence from innocent people in violation of their natural property rights.

Comment

I wish HMRC would go on strike. 20 years would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          I prosper by the sweat of my own brow, and the application of my own mind's effort. I don't use legal privilege to extort money from vulnerable people. I don't need to be told to **** off - if people don't like my behaviour then can just stop paying me.
          So you're not Director of a Ltd Company registered with the gangster state and extracting and paying over VAT from your clients?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            SpontaneousOrder would refuse to be rescued , and demand a market driven fire service not reliant on money stolen by violence from innocent people in violation of their natural property rights.
            Why would I refuse to be rescued? I've paid for just such a protection
            Maybe when your kid get's burned alive while fire fighters are off on strike and squaddies have to try to fill the gap, you'll think a little differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              So you're not Director of a Ltd Company registered with the gangster state and extracting and paying over VAT from your clients?
              Logic isn't your forte, is it? Moron.

Comment

Am i right in thinking they're not getting paid whilst on strike? Aside from the disruption caused to the productive sectors of the economy with people having to take time off to cover childcare etc it does seem to me that this is saving the country a fair bit of cash.

Also, whilst they're hiring busses to parade around on, and having flags, banners and t-shirts printed they're actually putting a fair bit back into private enterprise. It seems busier in town at the moment, there must be a shopping boost too. There's got to be a positive side to all of this.

Comment

Why would I refuse to be rescued? I've paid for just such a protection
                  Maybe when your kid get's burned alive while fire fighters are off on strike and squaddies have to try to fill the gap, you'll think a little differently.
                  You haven't paid for the protection. It was stolen from you violently.

Comment

Logic isn't your forte, is it? Moron.
                    I note you decline to answer the question. Collaborator.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Am i right in thinking they're not getting paid whilst on strike? Aside from the disruption caused to the productive sectors of the economy with people having to take time off to cover childcare etc it does seem to me that this is saving the country a fair bit of cash.

Also, whilst they're hiring busses to parade around on, and having flags, banners and t-shirts printed they're actually putting a fair bit back into private enterprise. It seems busier in town at the moment, there must be a shopping boost too. There's got to be a positive side to all of this.
                      Workers don't get paid when on strike.

Comment

Working...
                      X