• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella companies and profit sharing bonus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I missed the "true" salary comment. Your true salary is what is being declared as your taxable income. If it's less than you're taking home then you are likely to be disappointed.

And eek is right on another point, and I'm sorry if it wasn't made explicit to you. You cannot do any work in a furloughed role and expect the benefit to be paid.
    I am completely aware that you cannot work in a furloughed role.

All my salary is being declared as taxable income as far as I am aware - it's how the umbrella company pays out to its employees that has caused a problem. They are dividing things up into a 'basic rate' (minimum wage) and then anything above that is called 'bonus' even though it isn't an actual bonus - it's just that my wage varies month to month depending how many shifts I work etc.

Comment

I honestly have no idea how the scheme will work in your case, sorry. I'm not convinced anyone really knows until claims start being submitted.

Comment

Working...
      X