• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Opt Out lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Wow. I had an agency say they would have to put me on PAYE if I didn't opt out but backed down eventually.

Report these idiots to the PCG. They are the ones who helped negotiate this huge own goal of an opt out and worse still they have their heads in the sand simply won't admit that things like this happen or that they are a problem.

Also go directly to the client and explain to them how the Agency Conduct Regulations protect both the client and the contractor in their dealings with agencies and it is in their best interests if their contractor's DO NOT opt out.
    Yes, it's been an expensive couple of days!

Comment

Working...
    X