• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone worked with Austin Fraser agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaito View Post
    I've also had recent contact with Austin Fraser, largely initiated by me applying for jobs they have advertised. To date, the applications have not amounted to anything, although "Brad" has tried his best to get some names out of me, the is "Joe Blogs" still there?" approach is still very much in use.

Last week I had an interview for a job near Bristol. After the interview I was called by someone else from AF about another position. As a professional courtesy, I mentioned that I'd just been interviewed and was waiting on the decision, and therefore may not be available. No more than 5 minutes later, "Brad" called and then spent 10 minutes badgering me to get the name of the person I'd seen, he tried every trick, we supply the contractors, did you see "Bob Wheelbarrow"?, blah blah.
    Why blame AF when it was your own mistake?

You never tell an agency you have just interviewed.

They will set the graduates on you as you have learnt.

Oh and you can put the phone down on them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Avoid

Every now and then I get a call from Brad from Austin Fraser, fishing for leads and contacts. AF have fake roles. Don't waste your time.

Comment

I did work with them in the past. It was OK. After about a year's break we almost got to work together again, but they sent my CV without getting email confirmation from me and that soured our relationship. Another agent that did get my official blessing caught it, but in the end the client had passed on me without giving an interview because of this situation. They claimed that they felt they had my assumed permission to represent me, because we worked together in the past. Needless to say I was not happy. They tried to make up for it, but were not able to match the rates that other agencies were selling me at. Then, a couple of months ago I got an email with four blank "jobs" (no client names, no rates, no job specs were attached), basically a list of "Python Developer, London/Cambridge/..." lines. They asked for my CV. I declined, asked them to get back in touch with me when I'm back from holidays. They never did. Which is fine, there are plenty of other agents around.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
        X