• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting gig - agency dont like my LinkedIn update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is that what you did to have Broadmoor asking you back?
    FTFY
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Been for a lot of interviews recently, and almost everyone has Googled me and checked my LinkedIn .

If you have a fairly unique name, then use a pseudonym for anything that's not squeaky clean. If you want to work for somebody else, then reputation management is important these days.

Comment

Originally posted by paulinefowlersgrowler View Post
        Starting new gig soon. Agency called today and had a right go because of something I'd put on my LinkedIn profile. Bit spooky that they've been checking it and stalking me.

Accused me of being underhand since I'd already signed with them. I explained to them that they didn't own me and whereas I was aware I had signed a contract, I reserved the right to conduct my business including contract searches how I saw fit. Told them I would continue to look up until I got on site (I have been bitten before when a gig was pulled the day before).

Agency seem to think I'm their employee for some reason. Nightmare.

Am I being unfair on them? I thought not.
        1. Time to rethink how you are using Linkedin
        2. Tell the pimp to rearrage two carefully selected words

Comment

Working...
        X