• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract swap over - Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=DirtyDog;1878822]Then you either accept the new contract on offer, or you don't. If you don't accept the new contract, then your client has the choice of either keeping you on the same contract, or terminating the contract. If they terminate the contract, then they should do that in line with what the terms of the contract say.

It Does state in my contract ''between me and my previous company that one has to let the other know 4 weeks in writing'' before terminating only between me and my previous ....... so as a statement, where does that leave me? The same??..Because Ive had No termination in writing as of yet and they've still got a couple of days yet.... am a bit confused..

Comment

Originally posted by bluenose81 View Post
      It Does state in my contract ''between me and my previous company that one has to let the other know 4 weeks in writing'' before terminating only between me and my previous ....... so as a statement, where does that leave me? The same??..Because Ive had No termination in writing as of yet and they've still got a couple of days yet.... am a bit confused..
      Time to have a chat with them and see what the situation is, I think. You also want to get on the job and have a chat to the new company and pitch your skills to see if they have any work for you. Don't be shy, get in there and sell yourself!
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenose81 View Post
        So If its not Going to apply here for Contractors what is this? - Contractor changeovers still covered by Tupe - People Management Magazine Online
        First paragraph, last sentence:

No formal date for their implementation has yet been confirmed but it is understood that new regulations are planned for January 2014.but it is understood that new regulations are planned for January 2014.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Ladies & Gents,

If I get No Termination from my previous company by first March does this mean that my contractual agreement stays the same i.e Same Day rate etc with the new company because the Previous hasnt Terminated??.

Thanks for all replys by the way I appreciate the help from all
          Last edited by bluenose81; 29 January 2014, 09:56.

Comment

Working...
          X