• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot vacancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Midwife starts outside London on £21k. A manager would be on £30 to £40k.

A midwife consultant would be on £40k to £67k.
    Plus pension, holidays, training, job security, sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc.
    In addition, what's to stop someone working in the NHS going into the private sector?

It might should like I undervalue these folk, but as stated earlier comparing a mid-wife's re-enumeration with that of a contractor is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
      Plus pension, holidays, training, job security, sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc.
      In addition, what's to stop someone working in the NHS going into the private sector?

It might should like I undervalue these folk, but as stated earlier comparing a mid-wife's re-enumeration with that of a contractor is pointless.
      Exactly, and don't forget the pension is a final salary pension!!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Comparing apples to oranges there methinks... a nurse and IT consultant are very different, if you want to compare salaries how much are the management on?
        Comparing differnt salaries is always fraught, you can argue what you like but we undervalue people like them. Midwives carry enormous reponsibility. When you say the management depends what you mean by management, lots of NHS middle management are over paid by comparison to the front line in my opinion,k but Im sure they can put up a good argument why they are worth it. Im just pointing out that the general level of pay in the NHS is not great for the responsibility people hold. Twas ever thus, which is why my old dad switched from driving buses in London to driving a beer lorry, the pay for driving beer around was better than for driving people around. As to NHS pensions these were supposed to be a bit of a balancing factor e.g. the pay's crap but the pension is ok. When nearly the whole of the NHS is outsourced then the pensions will deteriorate. Community services in my area are already tendered out and the pensions are not final salary any more except for those TUPEd out.

Comment

Working...
        X