• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract reviews etc before starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must admit, my contract was only 8 weeks, so I read it carefully but didn't bother with a review - the client really did need someone to start the next day as it was the previous contractor's last day so the only opportunity for a handover. However, having now been there nearly two years (yes, I've stopped claiming expenses!) I wish I had been more diligent.

Comment

Got contract reviewed by QDOS today. Cracking job in just over 3 hours.

Can't fault them. Cheers QDOS.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        LOL I thought that but not necessarily. Depends on the content. The clients may have ethical, regulator and legal requirements that have to be understood by anyone working on site. You would expect an induction before you step foot on a nuclear site. Same for a pharma and maybe an ethics one for certain areas in banking or something.

If it is to get you to sign up for the gym and covers all permie aspects as well I would be a little worried but if the client insists you do it before attending site it could easily be argued it is for all, not just perms. Just don't sign up for the gym, the employee club etc while you are on it.
        Contract is with outsourcing company who are working on client site so I guess its more of a 'how we do things' thing.

Contract is only for 7.5 weeks so its not going to be very permie like....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X