• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance Job Market & A Better CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Ah, the wonderful world of finance .

At present yearly budgets are being fought for, no one has got their filthy mitts on them yet .

Areas where the spend will happen, project wise:-

Credit Risk
    Market Risk
    Operational Risk
    Regulatory reporting
    Transition
    New technologies to crunch the numbers quicker, real time.

A split of consultancies and individual contract. Obviously, chances of being recruited by consultancy for contract, also.

That's how I see investment banking at the moment.

Good Luck!
    That's very true. The permies are also enjoying the delicious doughnut centres received as comp for 2012.

Have actually started to get calls today & interviews for roles I was submitted for 2 weeks ago by big finance shops. Turns out the agents were telling the truth about clients taking forever to turn things around.

So it seems as though there is more movement in the market for IB roles, for all us in the fun filled world of finance its a positive sign. Jobserve was also not like watching a tulip version of ground hog day as there were actually new roles being posted - quite a few too.

New Tech - Scala is gaining more momentum, which for a Java dev is good news if you've used it. IDE support much better as well so it could be an option to add this skill to your jaunty bonnet.

Cheers and good luck to all those looking at the moment. Things have to pick up. I mean, my wife's Jimmy Choo collection is not exactly going to buy itself...
    Last edited by flambo; 4 March 2013, 22:22.

Comment

And don't forget SEPA!

Comment

Oooop North bank roles seem few and far between. Got called re: pm role for LBG (Halifax) yesterday with a rate at £383 / day. Same agent sent me an e-mail for a BA role with the same company mid-Feb at £405, so definitely trying their luck. Not that much else about.

Comment

Working...
        X