• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked through Experis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experis? Shambles.

What a coincidence to see this thread right at the top when I was logging in after more than a year to specifically post about this bunch.

Their timesheet and payroll teams and systems are a complete shambles. They miss timesheets and payments, pay lower amounts than timesheeted into your bank account (then take ages to understand what the error is). The worst is trying to get through to anyone in their org who will take ownership of your issue. They have offices (afaik) in Altrincham, Bristol and GodKnowsWhereElse with your query being passed around to any and every person in these offices. I have been working for them for the past one year and have had hell trying to get things straight.

To the OP, good luck if you are signing with them and hope you don't have the same problems as I have had.

Comment

"0" days notice period in Contract by Experis

Hello guys,

I am in a similar kind of situation where Experis wants me to give 1 month notice and in turn they give me 0 days notice. I am done with the selection process but reluctant to join the contract with these terms and conditions.
      Please advise if it is feasible to move forward or what are the pros and cons in this scenario?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyjolly View Post
        Hello guys,

I am in a similar kind of situation where Experis wants me to give 1 month notice and in turn they give me 0 days notice. I am done with the selection process but reluctant to join the contract with these terms and conditions.
        Please advise if it is feasible to move forward or what are the pros and cons in this scenario?

Many thanks in advance.
        Its a frequent contract term nowadays.

Get your contract reviewed by Bauer & Cottrell. They do the negotiations with the agent on your behalf but even they may not get it changed if the end client insists on it ie barcrap.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

One good contract, one bad one.
          So it's a from me.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by jollyjolly View Post
            Hello guys,

Many thanks in advance.
            1 rabbit in the bag is better than 2 rabbits in the field. If you are scared by what is becoming the norm now days and want longer notice - go perm

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              1 rabbit in the bag is better than 2 rabbits in the field. If you are scared by what is becoming the norm now days and want longer notice - go perm

Personally I prefer 0 days notice both ways, worst case is a week either way, any longer is heading to much towards permie world for my tastes...

Back on topic, I've worked with Experis a few times and had few problems with them - I did once have to chase a late payment but they were very apologetic and it got sorted ASAP.

Happy to use them again (no I don't work for them!)
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Hmmmmm had a look at this as I have just started a contract with Experis in the past 3 weeks but never actually got a contract through for them!

I got a blank template and the associated project schedule in an email, but no official contract to be signed, due to be paid at the end of next week, will keep an eye and raise it if its a problem
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Hmmmmm had a look at this as I have just started a contract with Experis in the past 3 weeks but never actually got a contract through for them!

I got a blank template and the associated project schedule in an email, but no official contract to be signed, due to be paid at the end of next week, will keep an eye and raise it if its a problem
                  So you're working without a proper signed contract? Just, don't ever do that.

And that's unusual for Experis, I've always found them to be very proactive when it comes to ensuring they have a signed contract back before the gig starts.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    So you're working without a proper signed contract? Just, don't ever do that.

And that's unusual for Experis, I've always found them to be very proactive when it comes to ensuring they have a signed contract back before the gig starts.
                    To be honest they sent so much guff for ClientCo vetting it slipped my mind
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      This is a bit older already, however, I´d say: stay firm - only if everyone caves in, it *can* become the norm, and the big ones dictating life for the small ones (enough of that already)!!

FIGHT!

point is that BOTH sides should be happy with an agreement, not just one.
                      And in this case it´s about the injustice, that - as usual - the consultant can be kicked around/out, while having to give much longer notice him/herself!

I actually have long (and partly VERY painful) dealings with Experis, and have contested several of their terms, this one included.
                      When I didn´t get any response, I simply changed the contract and signed the changed version.
                      Noone has complained to me in 10 months!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/image...es/tongue2.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X