• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard PCG contract for fixed price work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Demonstrates risk, and demonstrates an ability to increase your margin by delivering early and/or working more efficiently. What's not to like?
    I agree with Peter Loew and bobspud. I always nail down a spec when bidding for a fixed price contract. If there is no spec then they have to pay to have it scoped out. By far the easiest way to do these jobs in on an hour/daily rate though. If you bid on a job without a detailed spec then you end up having heated discussions with the client over what's included and what's not. That's not my style, I like my business to avoid risk where possible and build goodwill by nailing down a detailed spec, delivering what I promise and dealing with scope creep in a professional manner.

If you are talking about risk being likable from the point of view of a potentially IR35 avoiding permie-tractor then you have a point and every little helps but this particular job will be subcontracted out so it's pretty much got an IR35 silver bullet there. I wouldn't go accepting a risk (ie, poorly scoped project) that my business could mitigate against with some good management just to win a bit of IR35 karma...

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    why aren't you asking this question on the PCG boards?
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X