• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unsigned timesheets, getting payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To re-iterate what everyone else has said, if you've given them the necessary pre-warnings going to small claims is very easy to do and not expensive.

Not sure but I reckon for a claim of £500 its probably about £40 or something.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blinko View Post
      Thanks I think I will prepare the invoice, I will email a couple of times and call next week to try and seek an update, unless there is a yes we are paying you then I think I will have to get the ball rolling on the process.
      Don't waste your time with phone calls let them phone you when they receive your court papers.

Also don't just email them. If you email them they can pretend, and many organisations do pretend, that they haven't received them.

Send them recorded delivery letters and keep a copy of the letter and the recorded delivery slip.

If you do go to court and show the judge the recorded delivery slips plus the letters they will not be believed if they claimed they haven't received them.

Even if the letters never arrived or aren't signed for as RM is a neutral third party and as long as you send more than one letter, you will be believed.

just to update, I am opted out of the agency workers regulations
      Makes no difference if you can prove - which you can with your emails - that you have done the work.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

just to update, I am opted out of the agency workers regulations
        It's not the end of the world, though your case would be stronger if you didn't. You know for next time, anyway.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Send them recorded delivery letters and keep a copy of the letter and the recorded delivery slip.
        Also, make sure the recorded delivery letter is addressed to the director of the agency personally (look this up at Companies House), that way you get the attention of the right person straight away rather than dealing with the boy or girl in accounts. A recorded delivery letter like this often works wonders... Alternatively, there are solicitors out there who will send the letter on their headed notepaper for a couple of pounds. Money well spent because it shows that you mean business.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Hi guys just to update, i managed to receive payment for my final invoice.

A chasing of the regional manager and a copy of the emails I had been sending to try and get it resolved seemed to have done the trick, alternatively the client paid up.....?

Who knows but thankfully I can move onwards and upwards from here and of course thanks to all those posters for your valuable input

Comment

Working...
          X