• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay weekly changed to pay monthly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
    Good idea, however it is worth noting that the PCG agency default insurance is not retrospective so wouldn't cover the OP in this instance and it has a max claim limit of £7.5k
    £10k now, up to £100k per client, up to £500k a year total across all members.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Your payment terms will be defined in the contract. I'd rely on that on not agree if it were my money.
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by contractuk View Post
        The agency is asking me if I would be ok to switch from weekly to monthly with the below reason:

The reason we asking is because there is a big lag between us invoicing the client and being paid. The time between the two is currently 8 weeks. As you can imagine, this is strain on cash flow especially as we run our small bank of contractors directly (without using a factoring company).

Also I want to mention that it's been just 6 weeks into this contract.

Do you thank they have a valid reason here? Thanks in advance.
        No valid reason. They knew the terms of their client when they struck the contract with you. How can they now appeal to your better nature to bolster their weak business practice/setup?

Comment

Working...
        X