• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unlimited liability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Loska is abroad so depending on the country and client s/he can easily do a disappearing act and the UK agency gets f***ed over.
    If Loska is a home owner then doing a runner isn't that easy. Even if the case was not winnable by the agency, they could bankrupt the worker on legal fees. I agree that's it's very unlikely to happen.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Hence if s/he got a lawyer involved the agent would know not to screw around, though some agents concede quickly to changes when you tell them your lawyer is going to look at it as they realise you may get the entire contract redrafted.
    Yes, a lawyer would help but I'm too much of a tightarse to pay a lawyer to tell an agency that they have a monumentally stupid clause in their contract. I normally tell the agency that my lawyer has looked at it and wants these things changed. The fact that I don't actually have a lawyer is neither here nor there.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X