• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same job but different rate with different agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lolas Cat View Post
    Well, in this case it is not what the client offering but what the agent is offering. And we have two agents offering different rates.
    But I don't think the agent is actually 'offering' anything. It's a number with a vague approximation to the rate, aimed at getting CVs in.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      But I don't think the agent is actually 'offering' anything. It's a number with a vague approximation to the rate, aimed at getting CVs in.
      If this is the case, then I don't have to agree to that prior to knowing all the details of the job. I preliminary agree to consider the client as a potential client.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Absolutely. The client in the situation is like anybody else who's effectively going shopping. They're unlikely to have a definite do-or-die figure. They might have a very rough range in mind, but they still know ultimately that they'll have to pay the market rate for whatever it is that they want.
        Yet lots of contractors queer the pitch by asking "what's the rate?", which to my mind is rather like running a supermarket without putting any prices up: in fact, making the customer write down what they're going to spend before they're even allowed into the shop.

Comment

Working...
        X