• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I walked out on 3rd week of 3 month contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brasi12345 View Post
    possible similar situation.
    Did not turn up for a 15 day contract as i was offered something better.
    Agency is huffing and puffing about legal action and have sent me an invoice for £500 admin and £75 per day x15 days loss of income, just deciding what to do about it.
    Let us know what you decide and how the agency progresses it.
    You should pay somethng as you have breached the contract. You could try negotiating on the amount however. The £75 a day includes them being available to you (advice etc) and them actually paying you, and factoring. Because you`re not going to be there, you won`t be using those services. It you want to be a PITA the could also say that there was a chance the agency might not of paid you anyway, a 15 day contract was never going to be that lucrative for them, and many agencies aren`t that far from going bust so you were taking additional risk but I`m sure they`ll go apesh** if you say this. As for £500 admin, they would have had to cover that cost themselves if you took the job. Call it £100 admin (just to be fair) and £35 a day. See it as a £625 cost you had to pay for that 6 monther .
    Last edited by SuperZ; 12 December 2009, 09:54.

Comment

Working...
    X