• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harvey Nash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses all.
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Yeah they're alright. Had to kick them up the bum once about pay, but otherwise they do what it says on the tin.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

HarveyNash

Worked for them in the past, once I found out they were taking 30% and doing absolutely nothing, I dropped them.

Biggest problem, is that whilst you are under a contract with them, they will not put you forward for any other contracts anywhere else, even if it getting very close to the end of the contract.

Comment

They were my agency about 2 years ago.
          They were the sole agency for the client so they basically worked for the client not me. So never fought my corner re: rate increases, the client making me pay for hotels & foriegn travel & then bill back, Overtime etc...
          I had to do all that direct with the client
          Then after I had enough & left Harvey Nash agreeded that the client was taking the p!ss with contractors on lots of issues...a bit late

Comment

Hello all,

My first post and I've been offered a contract through Harvey Nash. Does anyone have any more recent experience with them ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibond View Post
              Hello all,

My first post and I've been offered a contract through Harvey Nash. Does anyone have any more recent experience with them ?

Thanks
              Yes, been with them since May. For this contract I was willing to go in at a lower rate initially and they said "we'll try for more" and they got it. Always paid me on time. They also consistently get me interviews with companies that are a good match for my skillset (before I got this role, I just couldn't get the jobs as my interview skills were rubbish).

I like them, I even like the 2 agents I speak to. Maybe it's down to that more than the agency as I also like Square One, others say differently but they've always sent me for the right roles at what seems an okay rate. And I speak to the same people there.

Other agencies don't seem to get it or I'm not sure they are even on the preferred supplier lists.

I've now had a rate cut from the client though to keep me on for another 4 weeks but that's another story

Comment

They used to get me interviews.

Comment

Okay, then it is probably only me who has had bad experience with an agent at HN. I told him I am not looking for a perm position, and my contract is also not nearing end. He still submitted my CV for a perm position. I guess it was because not many developers work in my area of expertise though.

Comment

Thanks very much for all the replies, very helpful.

Comment

A mate works for them, knows nothing about IT and is a complete weirdo magnet, so I deregistered.

Comment

Working...
                      X