• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract signed but not started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also meant I stopped searching for other work as I had signed a contract
    That's the bit I disagree with, unless the contract you signed actually said that. Usually a contract is a framework that governs the terms of any work that does get done. It doesn't 100% guarantee that any work will be requested.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good agency (if it exists) which is not run by *********?

Comment

Originally posted by mocha_01 View Post
        Can anyone recommend a good agency (if it exists) which is not run by *********?
        There is no such thing as a "Good Agency".

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
          There is no such thing as a "Good Agency".
          He is right and wrong. Mainly it's down to the agent. They are sales people after all and need to meet targets.

In order to get roles, for most contractors, the CV should be as widely spread as possible - registered with as many IT agencies and IT job boards as possible. The exception is if you are very niche based or get your own contracts from networking. A lot is down to luck, but you can help influence your luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mocha_01 View Post
            But it is there problem. Not mine. If I can't go in I cannot get a timesheet signed. It also meant I stopped searching for other work as I had signed a contract It would be reasonable that I would expect to start on the date indicated in the contract.
            You are not an employee, they are not obliged to give you work, if they were you would be subject to IR35.

Go find another contract - good luck!
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Do some research on Mutuality of Obligation
              Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
              I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X