• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Protection Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
    I have Income Protection from Scot Equitable - 8 week lag (I have enough put away to cover the 8 weeks), pays me enough to cover the bills..
    I've something similar from Scottish Provident.

The idea of the plan is that if I'm incapacitated I will have a payout to near retirement age.

I've had three friends who have had sporting accidents in the last 3 years who couldn't work for 4 to 9 months. Luckily for them they are all permies who found they had just another sick pay to cover them.......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Check the small print

If you have more than one IP insurance, then it's going to be means-tested, so a permie that gets paid for time off won't be able to claim on a separate policy-pretty obvious, as the 1st thing insurances do is try to avoid paying up!

Comment

Working...
      X