• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My 1st contract-checklist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    well obviously the more time you can give them the better, they are only human after all and they may well become your 2nd best friend after your accountant in the cut throat world of contracting.

As a general rule given the contracts i've sent them, if you send them an email stating URGENT and call them up explaining that the start date is imminent they called me back within 2hrs. If you email it to them normally and dont call panicking and flapping then they usually get it looked at that day if not early the day after.

Now depending on how water tight the contract is they will either say yes go ahead, yes it's fine but i'd like these bits re-negotiating or dear god please dont sign this unless you like paying lots of tax.. (not quite the words used, they are far more professional, but you get the idea).

You then have to decide if you wish to start with the ammendments pending or wait (obviously depending on how many changes, but it's your call). They aren't your mum and tell you what to do, they simply read, advise and negotiate if required. You decide if you want to take the risk and start. If you start under a contract that's way outside IR35 you#ll lose all bargaining power to change it.

The quickest i've had it reviewed, agreed and accepted is under 3hrs, that was because the contract was perfectly written () and the start date was the monday (this was the friday). So no negotiating with End Business a simple "yup, here's my signature" and all was done.

Not a direct answer I know but it ultimately depends on how well the contract is written in the first place.

Was this fast service provided by Bauer & Cottrell ?

Comment

Working...
    X