• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting Support & Maintenance Consultancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sounds Viable

Had a couple of thoughts on the pricing issue. Firstly, a friend of mine was contracted to a small mickey mouse consultancy and has been offered 2 support contracts directly if he sets up on his own. These are both for 16 days consultancy per year @ £8K apiece. I've also seen a couple of companies who will offer 1 site visit per month @ £400 + free telephone/remote support (but I want to set up a pricing model for this as well).
    I was thinking of charging around the £400/day mark for one visit per month or per fortnight.
    As for my mate, he wants the security of a permanent job (although I've pointed out to him that with another 2 contracts he'd be matching a perm wage anyway). It's also too far away from me for me to take it off his hands..

Comment

Re: Sounds Viable

The figures sound reasonable, but the free telephone support could be a problem. You need to strike the happy medium between getting the work and discouraging them from being on the phone to you 24/7

Comment

Re: Phone Support

I should be in a position shortly to offer a premium rate service for telephone support if you want to charge them £1+ a minute.

Comment

Hello I wonder if anyone can help. I am thinking of setting up a small IT consultancy aimed at SOHO and SME sectors. Offering services such as Networking: Analysis, Design and Implementation, Webdesign and Consultancy services i.e. Security audits, documentation etc.

I am CTC security cleared would this appeal to small businesses such as accountants or legal practices?. I'm not sure on how best to advertise it, although currently in the process of designing a website.

Any help would be appreciated

Thx

Comment

Misco,PCworld etc are moving into this market, check their prices.

Comment

Working...
            X