• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Move Into Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a developer for a long time and I did a couple of years teaching English (and a little IT) overseas. That was great fun. If you don't have any commitments then give it a go when the world opens up again.

I started a computer science PGCE back in the UK but that was awful. I mean the teaching was good (especially at 6th form level) but secondary schools have a murderous heirarchical system and if you start as a trainee you'll be in a world of pain. There are a lot of job vacancies, but that's for a very good reason.

Freelance training is probably a better bet but I guess it's heavily dependent on economic conditions, since so much training is just a freebie for staff and right now it seems pointless training people when there are coders like me benched and willing to work for half what their current employees will be on.

Comment

Set up a YouTube channel - of course many out there - so make it your own style. This would be a cheapish way of dipping your toes in the market. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax007 View Post
        Set up a YouTube channel - of course many out there - so make it your own style. This would be a cheapish way of dipping your toes in the market. Just a suggestion.
        That's not a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
        X