• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Qatar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Qatar

Looking to pick up a contract in Qatar december time anyone got any pointers on day rates etc. Looking at IT devops and migration work Java.

TIA

Originally posted by JPC View Post
    Looking to pick up a contract in Qatar december time anyone got any pointers on day rates etc. Looking at IT devops and migration work Java.

TIA
    Qatar Airways? Deerfoot Recruitment or Direct? Have they resolved their diplomatic crisis with neighbouring countries?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
      Qatar Airways? Deerfoot Recruitment or Direct? Have they resolved their diplomatic crisis with neighbouring countries?
      Deerfoot has mainly Emirates and their affiliate Dnata contracts

Comment

And you've considered the whole taxation side of things too?

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

TIA
          £1200 a day

Fill your boots

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            £1200 a day

Fill your boots

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Lol, not enough for Qatar................... seriously

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless View Post
              Lol, not enough for Qatar................... seriously
              Got to agree rate sounds amazing until you get out there and cost for everything gets out of control. Not forgetting 0% job security. You could be out there for two days and forked out 1 year rent with other stuff and have your contract canned 2 days later or 1 week or 1 month. It's the little details (package) that is key and not just money.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                Got to agree rate sounds amazing until you get out there and cost for everything gets out of control. Not forgetting 0% job security. You could be out there for two days and forked out 1 year rent with other stuff and have your contract canned 2 days later or 1 week or 1 month. It's the little details (package) that is key and not just money.
                you are wise cosmic, I think I shall call you cosmic the wise, since i have spent the last year or so, as Lean/engagememt/product with amongst others in the sandpit, QATAR/ ME - Gulf states as ahem........fixer........ Product consultant with well shall we say, f***king random customers, training issues, competence, simple integrity, ignoring basic advice designed to get them over the competency curve, raising safety issues multiple times on same issue, cry wolf, what fous de fous, and they simply don't want to listen......serious culture issue, waste of time, would not touch it with a barge pole, if I did, it would be 1K+ Day all expenses paid, flights, booze, roller skater girls when I get back to my apartment, a clown to follow me around and cheer me up, invoice weekly, and no negotiation on anything ...... ever.............actually they need to pay upfront , there , now I feel better

so normal client then tbh

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless View Post
                  you are wise cosmic, I think I shall call you cosmic the wise, since i have spent the last year or so, as Lean/engagememt/product with amongst others in the sandpit, QATAR/ ME - Gulf states as ahem........fixer........ Product consultant with well shall we say, f***king random customers, training issues, competence, simple integrity, ignoring basic advice designed to get them over the competency curve, raising safety issues multiple times on same issue, cry wolf, what fous de fous, and they simply don't want to listen......serious culture issue, waste of time, would not touch it with a barge pole, if I did, it would be 1K+ Day all expenses paid, flights, booze, roller skater girls when I get back to my apartment, a clown to follow me around and cheer me up, invoice weekly, and no negotiation on anything ...... ever.............actually they need to pay upfront , there , now I feel better

so normal client then tbh
                  So you want to be treated like a local!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                    So you want to be treated like a local!
                    Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X