• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Unfriendly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    If the EB or client still insisted that 'de-facto' type arrangements were the 'real deal' not my terms with the EB as agreed then I would simply take civil action against the EB for supply services with deception and I would write to the client head threatening to take them to an employment tribunal on the grounds that my contract was dismissed unfairly and that I was entitled to do this as a 'deemed employee' of the company. I would also send them a list of my NI contributions due and ask them to pay them and claim for any holiday, sick and pension rights I was entitled to.
    You must be a bundle of laughs to work with!!

Why don't you treat us contractors on this board like you treat your clients? i.e. make recommendations then we can choose to take them or not. FFS - stop banging on and banging on - you just p1ss people off doing that (me included)...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
      You must be a bundle of laughs to work with!!

Why don't you treat us contractors on this board like you treat your clients? i.e. make recommendations then we can choose to take them or not. FFS - stop banging on and banging on - you just p1ss people off doing that (me included)...

Who cares? The responses on this forum are ridiculous and quite misleading to those who are stepping out as a contractor or don't know a lot.

Ultimately, it's contractors like you or those on here pretending to be contractors but are really EB representatives that do the most damage. The General forum is for laughs not this forum or the legal/accountancy site.

What have you really said anyway? That IR35 is a voluntary tax? Very funny -I think not. What have you said about me? Nothing. All you've done is imply that contractors are only good for a laugh and easy to work around if they are complicit, do what they are told and don't piss off the EBs and bad clients despite all the abuses they hurl at us. No wonder the EBs and IR are rubbing their hands in glee. But you are certainly no help to those who need solid reliable advice or support.

If your approach is your idea of someone easy to be around and correspond with on a forum I'm just glad I'm not popular with you. Long may it last.....

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
        Who cares? The responses on this forum are ridiculous and quite misleading to those who are stepping out as a contractor or don't know a lot.

Ultimately, it's contractors like you or those on here pretending to be contractors but are really EB representatives that do the most damage. The General forum is for laughs not this forum or the legal/accountancy site.

What have you really said anyway? That IR35 is a voluntary tax? Very funny -I think not. What have you said about me? Nothing. All you've done is imply that contractors are only good for a laugh and easy to work around if they are complicit, do what they are told and don't piss off the EBs and bad clients despite all the abuses they hurl at us. No wonder the EBs and IR are rubbing their hands in glee. But you are certainly no help to those who need solid reliable advice or support.

If your approach is your idea of someone easy to be around and correspond with on a forum I'm just glad I'm not popular with you. Long may it last.....

Erm, I haven't said anything of the sort. I have said take a pill and calm down, it's a forum after all. If you want proper advice, go and pay for it.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 July 2008, 17:18.

Comment

And, as for saying something about you, how about take yourself outside and give your head a tulip you anally retentive fuck...
          I do wish you stop looking at yourself in the mirror.

Comment

I think I'll start using the ignore list now, even Chico hasn't made it on there, I'd much rather listen to his wittering than yours.

Comment

I'd much rather listen to his wittering than yours.
              You've taken the words right out of my fingers.

Comment

woohoo

This message is hidden because Denny is on your ignore list.

Comment

behave boys, take it to general or light relief eh.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Cheers for all of the advice denny - think I have got a much better idea now about stepping out into this contracting lark. Admittedly I have done it before although it was just through an umbrella company so it was pretty straight forward (although obviously not as lucrative as it could have been).

Anyway, the impression that I am getting is that I would probably be deemed an employee in disguise if I took the contract that I was thinking of. i.e. I would be working for an Accenture type company on a 6 month contract and then sub contracted out to their different accounts. On the days there was no real work I would still be paid. Any thoughts on this - is there a better way than just going through parasol IT or can I still get this outside IR35 etc ??

Any advice, again much appreciated....

B

Comment

Denny - thanks for this - regards VMs on-site statements, My client is a bank and I spend most of the time working on their servers, from inside a physical firewall. The client will not allow me the VPN access that 2 other permies enjoy - so I can't work from the desk at home. This absolutely necessitates my being on site and using client equipment. IR35 risk?

Comment

Working...
                      X