• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of these high street accounts are worse than Cater Allen.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
      I had a letter on the 10th saying I'd have the stuff within 7 WORKING days, it actually arrived on the 12th.

From my initial enquiry on the 22nd of December I'm up-and-running as of today, I make that 12 working days - not bad in my book.

As for future service, I'll have to wait and see, I was very impressed with the level of service so far, but I guess a lot of that is sales - once the day-2-day stuff kicks in we'll see.
      i opened the account on the 10th January and got my company commercial credit card, self-service card through on the 12th January.
      I got my business internet banking activation code by email on the 12th january and got the registration info and that security devise through on the 13th January.

My account was active the day i went to open it and the guy who did it for me was very helpful. I had no problems at all.

Yes they do a director check but this is only to cover themselves. I wount get my check books until the get confirmation that i am the managing director which he said will take 2 weeks from opening the account. BUT that doesnt bother me as i wount be writing any cheques anytime soon (if at all).
      I cant take any money out until this happens either which again doesnt bother me. I can wait 2 weeks to take money out as i have money in my current account to live off. I can get paid into the business account so that is all that matters.

3 days to get my info through and business internet banking active. My account active the day i opened it,
      NOT BAD SERVICE AT ALL.

I've been banking personally with them for 9 years now and i cant say ive had any problems.
      Keep it clean!!!

Comment

"3 days to get my info through and business internet banking active. My account active the day i opened it"

Which begs the question, why have they not sent me any of the internet banking stuff. From your post you stated that you got an email with your activation code on day 2 and your security thing on day 3. I've been a customer for 9 years and I'm still waiting for the email. I was told that I should have had the stuff by Friday of last week. Now I'm being told that they only posted it out.

The problem I have is that I'm only back home at the weekends. The fact that the stuff wasn't there last weekend means that cannot use the internet banking until next weekend - provided the stuff turns up.

I have asked for my account person at the bank to call me. That was over 2 hours ago and still they have not called. Get used to that service as it is the norm at HSBC. The only way you can get them to call you back is to threaten to close the account.

When my new business account person took over the account from the last chap she rang me a number of times to ask if I could pop in to chat about the business. However she could only chat about it at times which were suitable for her. That means, she wanted me to go to her place of work so that she could earn comission for selling me some of HSBC's rubbish products. That is, so that she can make money I would have to lose some.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by LordF
          Abbey - free business banking for life

I am very happy with them
          Me too
          -------------
          Cactus

Comment

I'm currently with CA but am considering moving away due to the length of time it is taking to qualify for a credit\debit card.

I was initially told it was 6 months from opening. Now it seems it is 6 months from the time the account shows a certain balance limit (5 or 10K, I believe).

Internet banking would also be useful, although their phone banking is pretty good.

I'll take a look at A&L, Abbey & BoS.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              "3 days to get my info through and business internet banking active. My account active the day i opened it"

Which begs the question, why have they not sent me any of the internet banking stuff. From your post you stated that you got an email with your activation code on day 2 and your security thing on day 3. I've been a customer for 9 years and I'm still waiting for the email. I was told that I should have had the stuff by Friday of last week. Now I'm being told that they only posted it out.

The problem I have is that I'm only back home at the weekends. The fact that the stuff wasn't there last weekend means that cannot use the internet banking until next weekend - provided the stuff turns up.
              All i can put your bad experience down to is a bad bunch in the branch you are with.
              Like i said, i got everything i needed and active within 3 days. I even got a commercial business VISA card with £5,000 limit !!!
              Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
                All i can put your bad experience down to is a bad bunch in the branch you are with.
                Like i said, i got everything i needed and active within 3 days. I even got a commercial business VISA card with £5,000 limit !!!
                All I got was £500 limit !

Do you know if there is a annual fee for the card - something I didn't look into...
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                  All I got was £500 limit !

Do you know if there is a annual fee for the card - something I didn't look into...
                  No fee as such but there is insurance which is £27 a year.
                  Hardly going to break the pot is it!

Put it down as a business expense
                  Keep it clean!!!

Comment

My business card from them is a mastercard. It has a 3k limit, split 50:50 between the two card holders. The full amount debits on a monthly basis. This card is the only thing I like about my bank.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Had my Cheque Books etc from HSBC this morning...

200 Cheques and...

40 paying in slips !

No wonder so many businesses are going bust
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X