• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gig Cancelled Immediately After Signing Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    Surprised this thread is still going strong when the OP tells us he can get up to £500 a day & turned down £380 a day yet for some reason needs to get paid for 4 days work...…………. is that 4 days @ 380 or 450 I wonder cause it makes all the difference
    I never said I expected to get paid for 4 days work. I'd rather not have had my time wasted but I'm on the bench so no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Worth pointing out that you can't be bothered to call either, so the agent may be thinking that it's not that important to you.

As a business you have to put in some effort. You can't rely on others.
      Thanks for the advice but I'd be pretty surprised if Clientco and the two agencies agreed to take the necessary cut for me to start working after all and the agent didn't just call me. I'll spend my time looking for a new one instead.

Comment

Working...
      X