• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

public sector role-forced into IR35 -How does it work ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    costing me £200 a week in hotels
    I dread to think where you're staying

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
      Ha ha thats cheapest....

Occasionally used to stay over at last client (in Gloucester). I'd be gutted if it was more than £35 a night. Not the nicest hotel mind - carpets a bit sticky etc.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
        Not all of the PS sites are based in London......some are in right tulipholes! Also, if you are only staying Monday night to Friday morning, it's possible to get a Travelodge for that amount.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          Not all of the PS sites are based in London......some are in right tulipholes! Also, if you are only staying Monday night to Friday morning, it's possible to get a Travelodge for that amount.
          Still as OP correctly points out. What before was:-

£200 hotel bill, 400 mile drive (£180 at 45p mile). Total £380 claimed on expenses. £380 thats not now paid to personally and taxed/NIed at top rates.

Is now £380 (OK so maybe not 45p a mile but hey ho) thats got to come out of your own pocket AFTER TAX/NI.

Not far off 50% saving before....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X