• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Skillsets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hypersouth View Post
    Anybody think that it is worth getting very clued up on GDPR ready for this to come into play? Many big institutions both private and public will be very worried about this and it may become a top priority for them through contractors.
    I thought about this but figured it would be mundane (well at least IMO) work helping companies achieve ISO 27001 and similar information security certifications + associated data clean up. I see a few companies trying to jump in on this with products but I think it'll be a very bespoke fix. Each company sprinkles / drops their customer data in places differently with a myriad of integrations and processes between their selected or hand rolled systems.

There are companies offering 'Consent Lifecycle Management' systems. Not sure how much of that is a fix vs a box ticking exercise for the legalities.

I'm sure there's money in it, just not sure if the effort / renumeration balance is appetising.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
      Now all you need to do is realise it's not all about tools
      Well it's not much use knowing the principles without having the skillset to actually implement them, is it you patronizing turd?

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
        Well it's not much use knowing the principles without having the skillset to actually implement them, is it you patronizing turd?
        Catch

Comment

Oh.... the old "post like a bell-end and then make out you were fishing" defence. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
            Oh.... the old "post like a bell-end and then make out you were fishing" defence. Classic.
            Oh, the old "post like a bell-end because you are a first class bell-end" defence. Epic.

Comment

Working...
            X