• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothing to do but client wants to keep me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next week is my last week of my contract where I have nothing to do.I am now enjoying a glass of wine.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FrontEnder View Post
      There's work forecast here for most of next year. We've just done a big release, so it's quite after that.

Problem for me at the moment is previously it was big, fixed price stuff so it was just a case of submitting doing the work and getting timesheets done. Now we're done with that and it'll be smaller pieces of work and change requests, which is being costed and charged to the end client.

So I have to pass on how long I've spent on each work so it will be billed to the client. It's the PMO I report it to, so they haven't a scooby doo how long a piece of work takes, but I'm weary of just saying I've spent e.g 3 days on something that's only been costed as 1 day.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      TMI?
      Childish I know, but I find it hard not to laugh when a team member in my office says 'oh, I took a dump from the prod database'. One pretty BA in my office said something along those lines of the prod services guy took a dump. If I smiled at that and she asked what are you laughing at, I'd have to run out the door with the embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
      X