• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.NET developer - first contract in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you are going to contract you need to know what you are doing and manage yourself. So, tell me, why do you think a LTD that's never traded and has nothing to offer is useful on your CV? If you were a hiring manager what value wouldn't you gain from seeing this information?
    Well, I thought that if someone sees that I already have a company registered in UK, then it will look more professional and it will be easier to find something.

Comment

Originally posted by ekimpl View Post
      Well, I thought that if someone sees that I already have a company registered in UK, then it will look more professional and it will be easier to find something.
      Makes no difference as they don't look until you have the contract.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ekimpl View Post
          Ok, thank you.
          you need to excel on interviews everytime - takes practice as they have different expectations than in poland. i worked here 3 years on perm before considering contracting - excellent english, 'vast' all round experience mattered a lot

Comment

If I were you, I would come to UK, take up a permanent position and start looking for a contract gradually. Helps you understand the intricacies.

Comment

Working...
            X