• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1000 a day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elpato View Post
    Given that they charge a fresh grad out at nearly £1k/day and someone with 6 years experience at double that...everyone's a winner. Except the end client
    Public Sector in one year.

Comment

I think the poor guy will be working like a slave.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        FWIW That particular agency always posts for high paying roles Head of BI, for example, paying a similar rate.
        And some of the roles exist though after dealing with this agency on a gig I'm surprised they have big clients as I wouldn't deal with them again either as a candidate or recruiter, it was probably the worst candidate / agent experience I have ever had and I've dealt with some crappy agents, all seemed very amateurish, agent didn't understand the position / came across as too fake so I couldn't never really believe anything they said.
        Last edited by BoggyMcCBoggyFace; 8 June 2016, 17:43.

Comment

Henlow eh? Be suspicious. Its likely a fake. I caught them out on these before.

Henlow came to me with a gig at a household name, £1k a day, mostly remote work. I took the line & heard nothing for a couple of weeks. Something didn't feel quite right so I hit the phones. The agent dodged & lied very obviously (nothing new there) but some of the stuff set me on a track of investigating.

I called said big household names Head Office, spoke to a lovely woman in their HR department (for once!) & sent her everything I'd been sent by Henlow.

She called me back a few hours later saying they'd never heard of Henlow, she'd called the department responsible for the project that'd been mentioned & that they had no requirements for anyone, through Henlow or anyone else. Oh & by the way unless Henlow were on the PSL there was no way they'd get me in there.

Needless to say this was immediately reported to BIS, to the guy who runs the compliance department for agencies, who is actually a genuinely nice bloke & down to earth who gets stuff done, for once in a govt department.

Called the slimy git at Henlow back & called him out on his lies, played him the call with said household name (all recorded....how I love IP phones!) & he just hung up.

I wouldn't touch the buggers with a barge pole.

Comment

Working...
          X