• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client asking to go permanent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Not wanting to sound heartless but is your mum in danger of losing her home/not being able afford heating/not being able afford food? I'm guessing not. You can't be held responsible to bail everyone out.

All well and good to help family out when they need it but you've got to remember that you're going to have a new family soon.
    We were very poor up until i finished study, and she sacrificed a lot to allow me study. Now payback time

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      It's his mum FFS you heartless ba.... oh wait...
      I was just asking how skint we talking like. i.e. Skint as in can't afford to live or skint as in cant afford expensive things.

If its first one fair enough, but if its 2nd then I think he needs to focus more on other things like his own family rather than pure cash.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        We were very poor up until i finished study, and she sacrificed a lot to allow me study. Now payback time
        Fair play to you then.

I dont know your (or her) personal situation. My take on it though is don't focus too much on cash and how much you can earn and how much you can splash on your mum. If shes in real financial difficulty then fair play its different. But dont kill yourself just to buy her a 60" TV.

JUST SAYING, you ain't going to be any good to anyone if you work yourself into an early grave or make yourself ill by overdoing it. AND of course, you've got your new son/daughter to think of as well.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Fair play to you then.

I dont know your (or her) personal situation. My take on it though is don't focus too much on cash and how much you can earn and how much you can splash on your mum. If shes in real financial difficulty then fair play its different. But dont kill yourself just to buy her a 60" TV.

JUST SAYING, you ain't going to be any good to anyone if you work yourself into an early grave or make yourself ill by overdoing it. AND of course, you've got your new son/daughter to think of as well.
          I appreciate that. In fact i'm off for holidays (after your posts) in few weeks. Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            I appreciate that. In fact i'm off for holidays (after your posts) in few weeks. Happy days
            Good for you, everyone needs time off, enjoy them
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X