• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About to join IPSE...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Huh? Hotel wasn't booked through IPSE Advantages if that's what you mean.

qh
    Was thinking if IPSE membership was purchased by and for the company, and the one gains a personal benefit from it, could it be construed as a BIK?

Just wondering like....

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Can you provide specific examples that are available to contractors? If there are alternatives out there, then I'm sure that it would be something that could be looked into.

By the time I knock off my IPSE Advantages savings, my membership comes down to about £50 a year. One year, I recouped more than my membership fee - if there are better ones that I can join then I'll use those, though.
      There are plenty of websites that are open to everybody such as quidco and topcashback as well as "coupon" or "voucher" websites that give often better reductions just do a bit of googling.

At the IPSE advantges website I tried a link promising 13% off hotel prices, however I would have ended up paying more then booking directly at the hotel's website

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        There are plenty of websites that are open to everybody such as quidco and topcashback as well as "coupon" or "voucher" websites that give often better reductions just do a bit of googling.
        So not a scheme at all.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for - when I was looking for Sonos gear, I couldn't find a discount anywhere so I was quite happy with the discount available from IPSE Advantages. Likewise the last laptop, washing machine, hoover, tumble dryer, suit and TV that I bought.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yep, I think the proper discounts are worth it - e.g. when you purchase a £100 gift voucher for £89, which you can then spend online or in store - or even the Sainsbury's / Tesco's top up cards which only give a few % off, but it's not a discount you can just get by googling. I've saved a fair but at M&S, Curry's and Debenhams in the last few months - I don't believe I could have got those discounts elsewhere, but ICBW.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

At the IPSE advantges website I tried a link promising 13% off hotel prices, however I would have ended up paying more then booking directly at the hotel's website
            If you play the system right there is no reason not to exploit both, for example, buy a £100 Curry's gift card for £93, and buy through Quidco for another 5% off, it soon all adds up (I say that with £1,979.03 paid into my pocked from Quidco), if I can find it cheaper online I will always go for the cheapest price, but if I can use cashback where its the cheapest price its a nice little bonus on something I would have bought anyway
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              If you play the system right there is no reason not to exploit both, for example, buy a £100 Curry's gift card for £93, and buy through Quidco for another 5% off, it soon all adds up (I say that with £1,979.03 paid into my pocked from Quidco), if I can find it cheaper online I will always go for the cheapest price, but if I can use cashback where its the cheapest price its a nice little bonus on something I would have bought anyway
              I think the Curry's one you can only spend in store - the stuff I bought I did reserve and collect, so probably not the best example But stands for other retailers - just read the small print!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I think the Curry's one you can only spend in store - the stuff I bought I did reserve and collect, so probably not the best example But stands for other retailers - just read the small print!
                You can use a gift card online as well as in store. I mainly do reserve and collect, but you can do online with delivery.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X